View Profile Echo

23 Movie Reviews

Much better...

...Then the previous two. This one actually brought out a chuckle and made me smile. It also actually made sense for once...

The plot was pretty predictable, but it was still averagely funny. As usual, you could have expanded the storyline much more, and a longer movie would have resulted in a better plot.

Layout and audio were as usual great and pretty realistic.

Glad you liked it!

Like the previous...

Like the previous volume, had the potential to be way better, adn with more time, im sure you could have found several different ideas that you could have expanded. As far as the humour, it was average and didnt exactly make complete sense.

Audio and Layout were realistic at least and that sure got ur points up a bit.

Overall, once again, with more work this could shape up to be much better...

PantyWipe responds:

Good for a KK movie tho, right?

Hmm...

ok, so not that bad a movie. Im afraid i didnt really apreciate the humour, because the movie was way too short, there were soo many directions that you could have taken. I'd have liked to see how the ghosts reacted , or maybe the food thingies could have done something during the drug addiction.

layout was good however, and the realistic game sounds helped too. It would have been a bit better if the screen had been bigger though.

Overall, not a bad job, but making it longer could work in your favour.

Thank you!

4 Game Reviews

Not bad...

Im not a particular fan of this kind of game, with the same movements over and over again, not much my style. However, this one caught my attention...

The backgrounds were good too, with good detail, matching with the sprites. They were however a bit too small so maybe the scene could be bigger.

MonoFlauta responds:

"Im not a particular fan of this kind of game, with the same movements over and over again, not much my style."
Oh :(
"However, this one caught my attention..."
GREAT! Lol :P
"Sprites were amazing, brilliant detail with smooth movement. Id like it if the sprites had more variation in their movement, maybe you could set them to a particular movement."
Great thanks :P
"As a game, it tends to get boring rapidly so maybe you could put in something which makes the scene play out, with the sprites killing each other and whatnot. Im not sure if this is possible, but any game like that would sure as hell catch my attention more."
Yeah it is a bit difficult :P but yes
"Audio was good too, and looped quite well. It got a bit repetitive however, and it lacked a sense of depth. "
Yes for the next one will have the metal slug sounds and a mute bottom
"Overall, not a bad job, detail was incredible, and with some more work this could shape up to be a good game."
Great, thanks a lot!

Not a bad attempt, seeing as its ur first...

Well, u put some work into it, that always counts. I took soem tiem on lvl 4 cos of the bug but i eventually got through.

Graphics were pretty simple, mostly freehand shapes. This makes the game look somewhat generic so you should watch out for it. Animation when it came to moving objects was decently smooth and not many glitches on this part.

The real highlight was the audio. You chose a particularly good piece and if u put in a theme whihc matched with it u could go far.

Overall, not a bad attempt for ur first try but u could definetely do better.

Joshsouza responds:

u might want to woerk on ur speling lol. But thanks for the review, Since I was a noob at the time, I couldn't debug anything for shit. But in my next game, most of that will be taken care of. Please fix your spelling next time, I could barely read the part about the audio.

hmm.....

=Animation/Graphics=

Quite a smoot animation, but the fact that the only thing which happened was that the dino moved wasn't exactly taht helpful to you score. Its very frustrating in some aspects as those tiny moving things which you called cave men are amazingly annoying and they had me banging my head against the key board after a couple of games (not sure if that's a good thing...)

Graphics were pretty simple too. It was only black and white and no background to provide any depth. Not a bad idea on this part but u really need to improve those graphics and the animation could do with a bit of a change...

=Story/Concept=

It wasn't a bad concept, but it needs some work. i've listed a few points below which might help with this

-You need to vary the storyline a bit. What i was thinking was that as the game progressed, the dino could move from stone age to modern, making the game getting more difficult as it went by. As u moved on, you could make the dino discover new abilites such as swat (waves its hand to destroy aircraft), block (protects itself from incoming missiles which get fired from more advanced enemies). Dunno about anything else but you could work on this. What i've told u is just an idea. ;)

-As supersteph54, a powerup system always increases ur score and it always helps to make gameplay interesting. Colours would be nice to help the user to quickly understand what kind of a power up it is.

-the high score system is great, as it provides the user with the opportunity to see where he stands on a global level.

-You definetely need a menu as nto many people see the controls next to the preloader, me included.

-Try to paragraph ur author's comments too. it helps if people see it in small paragraphs. more people read it that way ;)

=Audio=

Audio was pretty basic, with the same basic thingy looping over and over again, it got on my nerves prety quickly, and the fact that u can't switch it off, got my nerves on even more.

If u could put in a sfx or music off button, it helps as most users just cant stand playing with repetitive music going on and on. trust me, it gives u headaches.

=Overall=

Not a bad job, but u definetely need to improve on this one.
-Add a background
-Make audio more interesting or provide a switch off option
-Include a menu.
-Work on what i mentioned in terms of storyline.
-powerups could help too

keep up your good work though.

-Review Request Club-

P.S. you have the honour of being the person to get my longest flash review yet. Only 1500 characters left lol...

chesster415 responds:

Wow. That was some review. My first time back online in over two weeks, when I submitted this game and I've got quite a bit of reading to do.
This was just something simple to do because I hadn't made anything in a while. I had already finished the game before I realized there were no instructions. I added it to the side of the preloader because as soon as you hit "play" the game would start up. And it would be loaded quickly enough that you could go straight from the preloader to info without the game being fully loaded.
I really had no storyline to speak of nor any reason to be stomping the cavemen. The story was added as an afterthought to justify the caveman stomping, and give an excuse for the different effects the cavemen had when stepped on. The baby dinos were there to make some kind of semi-plausible life counter. As I couln't figure out what else might put an end to the dino's rampage.
I sort of thought that the mountains were a background. I was trying to do this quickly and no colors meant no time spent shading or color adjustments.
I really should have made a mute button though thanks for pointing that out, I usually do. Or put in a volume control, which makes a mute button kind of superfluous.
As for the paragraphing of my comments I'll do my best to make future commentary indented. Thanks for the execessively long review.

237 Audio Reviews

NGADM Review:
This was a great piece, and very very enjoyable to listen to. I can't say I expected to hear this from you, but the surprising turn of events was in the end quite welcome. You've got some excellent composition, fantastic harmonies, and that guitar just sounds amazing. Realism-wise, it's pretty much perfect, with a few teensy touches of artificial notes, but nothing major. The atmosphere is just great, and the piece is smooth and well-structured.

I would've liked to hear that voice in the beginning again throughout the piece, as I feel as if it could have provided an extra feel that would've worked pretty well. Also, while the guitar sounds fantastic like I've already said, there were some small stutters at points, and in some cases it sounded a bit unrealistic in the sense that there's no physical way to actually play that section. Nice use of those castanets though, helped the atmosphere a lot.

Overall, great piece, even if it's a deviation from your usual stuff. Keep up the good work!

Score: 8.6/10

SoundChris responds:

Hey there Echo,

thanks a lot for review. Sorry for my late reply, but i have been really busy until the middle of decembre. I am glad you liked the composition and found the sound realistic - that was what my focus was on.
I would have loved to use the voice more often, but EWQL voices of passion is quite limited :(

I dont know if this piece really would be impossible to play. I have seen some really highskilled guitarists who played stuff like this and i think it would have been as fast and difficult as this piece.

Thanks a lot for your kind review. Merry christmas and a happy new year!

---
Contrary to what you might think, this was actually a really really great effort at orchestral, particularly considering it's not your normal genre. You've got great ideas and really good instrumentation, and the overall structure was pretty well-worked, albeit a bit bland at points.

My chief complaint with this was probably the lack of depth. For an orchestral piece, it lacked a certain texture to it that's normally necessary. Chords, alternate melodies, backing instruments, etc would have gone a long way to solve this, instead of just front-side instruments and percussion. That being said, I love how you managed to mix in your normal style into something which is experimental for you, as I know that's not an easy thing to pull off.

Overall, great piece, with a lot of potential. You've definitely got some good ideas, and you put them to great use, so keep up the good work!

Score: 8/10

johnfn responds:

Hey Echo, thanks for the review!

I want to ask for clarification on one point though - what do you mean by "chords, alternate melodies, backing instruments"? Like, at 2:20 you're in the middle of a 16 bar chord progression (that's a lot of chords) and there are like 3 melodies going on. Do you mean I should have had a break in that section?

I also don't totally understand the difference between front and backside instruments. This is just because I'm an orchestral noob. Could you PM me or something? Thanks!

---
Once again, another very high quality submission. You've got catchy melodies and some crazy addictive instrumentation. Harmonies and melodies are well-structured and fit together nicely, especially that superb main melody. Ending is great, which is something you don't get in a lot of songs, so kudos for that.

That being said, there were a few mixing issues in the piece, particularly because the track is generally so loud, making it sound a bit too compressed for my tastes. The percussion got a bit obnoxious at points, although it wasn't that much of a big deal in the whole picture.

Overall, great piece, really catchy and upbeat, with a nice driving rhythm. Keep it up!

Score: 8.8/10

16 Art Reviews

Woah...

Just so u know, this is an R4R review cos u reviewed my song so i review ur art.

Well, this is amazing. The depth and atmosphere u can portray through such a small piece of art is amazing. starting with the colour scheme, all the colours blended really well together and contrasted where contrast was needed. I particularly liked the light blue around the upper branches, as it gave a sense of cold and dark.

Shading was also quite awesome, with a nice touch to blurr the lines a it. This was a bit overdone though, as it gave the pic a bit of a fuzzy feel which didnt match well with the theme.

As for the title, i dont think it went particularly well with the pic, as the tree like structures gave me more of a haunted forest feel then a coral sense. Im also not too sure about the floating trees/corals at the top left corner as these give the pic a fake feel.

The background was awesome however, and gave a brilliant depthy feel and base for the foreground, which was impressive too.

Overall, its a decent piece of art, with a great concept. Basically, make those lines a tad more clear and this would be perfect.

-Review Request Club-

KrobbleGoo responds:

Thankyou for this Helpful review and as for the title i picked darkened coral because i was inspired by an undersea documentary i saw and the odd shadings at the top are a since of an organism of coral living within another and thankyou

Wowz

Nice pic. Very nice. The detail is incredible. If only it were bigger and had more vertical lenght, it'd fit nicely as a wallpaper.

On to the pic itself. Starting with the background, i loved the dark purple gradient you used, as somehow it seemed to mix perfectly with the foreground picture. I also liked the fact that the background faded to black as it approached the sig. As for the streams of light thingies, i liked the fact that they werent completely solid, but more separate beams. I also liked the helixes spiralling around them, and the white splashes of paint drops which gave the pic some extra cool factor.

Overall, its a fantastic piece, with a great use of the division of thirds to draw the eye to the main section, but with enough detail in the remainder to allow the viewer to enjoy every pixel of the pic. Nice work!

Flash-Gamers responds:

Yeah, I did want this to be used as a wallpaper...kinda of stretched out but it still looks good.

Thanks for the review!
Had to spruce it up, so I added the paint splatters!

I find this review helpful!

Review Request Club

Id say that the most detailed part of this is the stitching on the shoe. The realism you put into those areas are amazing, and the different darkness and great use of shading helped to make the shoe 3D-ish.

The lace was also pretty well done, as was the sole of the shoe, with variable shading incorporated into the thickness to help the realism to increase. The one thing id comment on was the foot hole, as this lacked shading and as such gained an almost 2D look which didnt mix in well with the rest of the pic.

As for the rest, its pretty much brilliant. I cant wait to see it when its finished.

Fro responds: